Research overview old
The research of the CS department is organized in six themes. These themes bring together research groups of five laboratories of IP Paris: LTCI, LIX, Samovar, U2IS and CMAP. Most of the groups participate to several themes:
- Theme 1: CS in biotechnologies and health focuses on bioinformatics, computational biology service robotics, coaching (reeducation), medical imaging, aid to diagnosis, anomaly detection,
- Theme 2: trust, safety and cybersecurity focuses on crypto, cybersecurity, validation, verification, safety, malware, cyber-attacks, privacy and data protection,
- Theme 3: next generation digital infrastructures focuses on IoT, 5G/6G and beyond, intelligent networks, quantum networks, distributed systems and algorithms, HPC, multimedia services,
- Theme 4: robotics, visual computing, interaction focuses in robotics, CPS, control, embedded systems, computer graphics, human machine interaction, image, signal, computer vision, perception, virtual and augmented reality, multimodal interactions, NLP, social robotics, vocal interactions,
- Theme 5: foundations of CS focuses on logics, semantics, algorithmics, models of computation, quantum computations, formal languages, computer algebra, combinatorics, optimisation, formal methods,
- Theme 6: data science and AI focuses on data analytics, big data management, data science, symbolic AI, neural networks, graph, machine/deep learning, graph mining, text mining/NLP, knowledge bases, explainability/ethics, reliability, hybrid AI.